May 13th is going to be a real eye opener as to what happens. Yikes I'm a little scared and thoughts of setting a new PR are probably not going to happen.
Wondering where the motivation has gone. I think about running -- all the time. But when the alarm goes off at 5:45 I just can't do it. I'm getting 3 runs in a week but I think I really need to push the mileage up and add a day. Its getting close to D-Day -- am I going to do it or is it too late?
Now I am thinking I'll shoot for my PR on June 2nd when I run the Virginia Wine Country Half. But... wow it can be hot then. And yes there might be some hills. And I might drink too much wine on Friday night. So do I run for a PR or do I just enjoy the moment? I love to run and have always run because of the people I run with. If I start taking my training too seriously am I still going to like running?
Here is my list:
- To talk -- sometimes I am the only one talking (oh maybe this might mean I'm not training hard enough)
- To think -- I used to run with headphones... since separating from my husband I've put them away and use this time to think. And I think ... a lot when I do run by myself. I am considering to start wearing them on one run a week just to add a little spice. What's on your IPOD?
- So I can EAT! --YEP I really like eating. I eat pretty good most of the time but I do like to treat myself. I can say I have not been on a scale in over a year so I must be doing something right!
- To FEEL GOOD! -- oh yes my day goes so much better if I do make it out the door in the morning.
- To LOOK Good! -- I will admit I never knew I had this body in me. I feel and look good so I keep running. I don't like the way I used to look before running!
- Cause I can -- someday I may not be able to run. So I run today because I never know what the next day may bring.
This is enough motivation to run. I don't need to PR in my races. I just want to have fun and inspire those in my life to be healthy too. Some day I am holding out hope my kids will run a 5k with me.
After writing this blog last night ... I got up this morning and ran 11.5 miles this morning and I signed up for my first MARATHON. So ... now I have to run!